Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuneage Tuesday - Gorillaz

I attended the Gorillaz concert last Thursday, October 14th, at the Air Canada Centre and it was one of the best concerts I've been to.  I had fantastic seats (centre floor, 7th row) and there was just so much to look at - great production value, it was evident a lot of work went into the tour.

As for the musicians themselves, all 37 of them, they really gave it their all; so much energy throughout the evening.  And as talented as they all were,  I was too distracted by the fact that I was watching Mick Jones and Paul Simonon (from the Clash) play live!  A definite highlight.

Damon Albarn is totally charismatic and an absolute rock star!  He was also much more smiley than I expected, it was endearing.  He was also extremely polite and appreciative of the audience, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.  I walked out of the venue with a giant crush.  The fact that I got to hold his hand during Clint Eastwood and that he sang/smiled/pointed at me several times during Last Living Souls (I was blushing furiously) didn't help curb my new found fascination with Mr. Albarn.

Sigh....

Okay, enough about the concert.  Although I like Plastic Beach, the concert (oops, brought it up again) made me appreciate it more.  I am completely obsessed with the song Rhinestone Eyes right now.  Check it out if you haven't already.  Other favourites are: Empire Ants, White Flag and Glitter Freeze.

Here's a video I took during the concert of 19-2000.  It's the least shaky video I took, although it's still quite shaky.  It was really hard for me to stand still.

Here's an iphone pic I took -



No comments:

Post a Comment