Monday, June 13, 2011

Raw Food - Mostly

On Saturday I made a raw strawberry pie using a recipe from Jonsi and Alex's cookbook.   My blender isn't as great so I was unable to achieve the same cream like texture therefore mine really looks nothing like theirs PLUS I ran out of agave so I used honey and had to use a tiny bit of sweetened coconut, both of which aren't raw.  But it still tasted pretty darn good.

Here's the video of Jonsi and Alex making their raw strawberry pie. (As mentioned in a previous post, I adore him)

And here's my version.

I really want to try A Dash of Compassion's raw vegan ice cream sandwiches (I actually want to try all of her raw recipes.  Everything looks so yummy!!).  I think I might try the avocado mint first but I'm definitely going to make both!


Update - I can't hear everything they're saying but Jonsi's hat is so amazing in this video.  What an adorable human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment