Thursday, July 14, 2011

Belated Tuneage Tuesday - Embarassing Secret Revealed

Once again I’m posting another belated Tuneage Tuesday post HOWEVER I’m hoping that by revealing an embarrassing secret we’ll overlook the fact that it’s Thursday.
My Musical Guilty Pleasure? ---- is Demi Lovato.

As a soon to be 28 year old (next week), I find it more than slightly embarrassing that I think this little 18 year old rocks -- I also follow her on twitter *hangs head in shame* – but she totally does.  I’m not really into “popstars” to begin with but the part that makes it even more embarrassing is that she’s one of those Disney products (ex. Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, the Jonas Brothers…) and while some of her earlier songs (when she was like 15) have pop-y ridiculous lyrics, there’s no question that this girl can actually sing.  She’s also the least promoted “tween” sensation however she’s the only one with actual talent (she also composes some of her own music). 

The reason I decided to post about Demi is because she released a new single on Tuesday called Skyscraper, which I’ve just heard today, and it’s just such a beautiful song.  Demi was admitted to rehab last year for a slew of issues after suffering an emotion breakdown on tour (she totally punched one of the backup dancers…which makes me like her more) and it has since been revealed that she suffers from bipolar disorder, eating disorders and had been cutting herself….there’s a reason I’m telling you this.  This song was recorded before her breakdown, while her voice was still raw from her eating disorder, and the producers have left her voice un-produced.   So when you listen to this keep in mind, nothing has been done to digitally enhance her voice.  Talent.

Anyways….I think I stop this post right here.  Enjoy skyscraper.


No comments:

Post a Comment