Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuneage Tuesday - Holy Fuck!

Tuneage Tuesday

Although I was unable to attend the Holy Fuck concert last week (September 29th), I have seen them in the past and they were pretty darn awesome.  I can't see if if their website has music on it at work (access is denied) so here's a link to their myspace page which I'm sure has some tracks on it.

Holy fuck is an electronica band from Toronto (yay!).  They use live instrumentation and miscellaneous instruments and non-instruments (including a 35mm film synchronizer, toy keyboards and toy phaser guns) to achieve electronic-sounding effects without the use of laptops or programmed backing tracks.

They released a new album this year (May I think) called Latin:

But my fav album, the one I've been listening to this past week is LP (I can pretend like I was at the concert, rightt?)
A lot of the people I work with are quite a bit older then me but still insist on asking what I’m listening to.  It’s a real pet peeve of mine because I know they won’t know the artist but still have to explain.  Well on Monday someone asked who I was listening to, the look on their face when I said Holy Fuck was priceless.  They didn’t even ask for an explanation of the type of music. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment