Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tuneage Tuesday - Miracle Fortress

I know its Wednesday but I prepared this entry yesterday and forgot to post it.  So keep in mind this was written yesterday:

So for today’s Tuneage Tuesday (I know I haven’t posted in awhile) I decided to go with Miracle Fortress.  I had a really difficult time falling asleep last night and around 3am, after much tossing and turning, I decided to put on my headphones and listen to some music.  I fell asleep listening to Miracle Fortress’s album Five Roses and I have to say it was the most restful three hour sleep I’ve had.  Obviously I’m a little tired today so I’ve decided to mellow out and listen to Miracle Fortress at work (with some Malajube thrown in here and there. I guess it’s my ‘Double M’ day. Both bands start with ‘M’ and are based in Montreal.)

Miracle Fortress is a Canadian indie rock band based in Montreal.  Five Roses, which was released in 2007 is their debut album, although they released a 5 song EP called Watery Grave in 2005.  Anyone who attended films during the Toronto International Film Festival will have heard their song Hold Your Secrets to Your Heart as it was played during the Volunteer Appreciation clip at the beginning of each film.  I attended 10 films (7 premieres) and heard the song at the beginning of each movie.

Miracle Fortress, Five Roses, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment