Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuneage Tuesday - Peaches

So I'm going to see Peaches Christ Superstar tonight (so excited!), which is Peaches' one woman performance of Jesus Christ Superstar.  I've read some really good reviews so I'm going in with high expectations PLUS we have front row seats.  With that in mind I've decided to go with Peaches for Tuneage Tuesday because, come on, who doesn't love Peaches? 

Peaches, who was born Merrill Beth Nisker, is a Canadian electronic/performance artist who is currently living in Berlin.  Her music has a strong focus on questioning the traditional gender norms through the use of sexually explicit lyrics.  Anyone who has seen Peaches live will know that she does this through her perforances as well.

The thing that interests me the most (and horrifies me a little) about Peaches is that before she got into the 'Music Biz' (yay Robots in Disguise) she was a music and drama teacher at the Associated Hebrew Day School.  Imagine having Peaches as your teacher!!

For anyone who hasn't heard Peaches (I'm sure we all have as her music has been featured in many movies/television shows) please go check her out.

Peaches Discography

Fancypants Hoodlum - 1995
The Teaches of Peaches - 2000
Fatherfucker - 2003
Impeach my Bush - 2006
I Feel Cream - 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment