Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tuneage Tuesday (The Wednesday Edition) - Coheed & Cambria

Okay so I just wrote a lengthy AMAZING post about Coheed and Cambria that wasn't saved....so let's try this again :(
_______________________________________________________
I'm awful at updating this thing.  I actually wanted to post about Coheed and Cambria sometime last week (I saw them last Wednesday for the 14th time) but stopped myself so I could write about them for my music post on Tuesday.  Then what do I go and do? Forget to write a post on Tuesday.

So Coheed and Cambria is a band (my favouritest band actually) from Nyack, New York.  They incorporate aspects of progressive rock, punk, metal and post-hardcore in their song writing.

All of their five albums are concept albums which reveal a science fiction storyline called the Amory Wars (a story that was written by lead singer Claudio Sanchez, which was later adapted into a comic book series).  Their fifth album, The Year of the Black Rainbow, is a prequel to the series.

Discography
The Second Stage Turbine Blade (2002) - My favourite album
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (2003)
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005)
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow (2007)
Year of the Black Rainbow (2010)


As mentioned I've seen them 14 times, so I was going to take a photo of my first Coheed concert stub (from 2002) but I think it's on my desk at work.  So instead, here are some videos:


Here We Are Juggernaut - Coheed and Cambria (Toronto, April 27, 2011) - This is from the concert I went to on Wednesday.  Claudio's old man glasses are fantastic.  I love this acoustic version of Here We Are Juggernaut better than the original.  Note: I didn't record this video.

Junesong Provision - Coheed and Cambria - I recorded (well, my boyfriend did.  I can't stand still at concerts to save my life) at a concert in Hamilton sometime last year.  This is my favourite Coheed song.

I think I could be content watching them every night.  I know that sounds a bit insane and like it would get boring after awhile but they're just so damned good live! I think I might follow them for a bit on their next tour.  For like four or five concerts.

Here are some more videos:

Pearl of the Stars - Coheed and Cambria (Toronto Apr 27, 2011) - I also really love this song.  Claudio's face when the mic starts working again is priceless.

Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria - This is probably their most recognized song.

Okay, well I'm going to stop there.  This is not as great as the original post.  I don't know why it didn't update properly OR save my post in drafts.  Oh well.




No comments:

Post a Comment