Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I painted my nails and I liked it....

On my lunch break (oh the joys and dangers of working across the street from the Eaton's Centre) I picked up OPI's Black Shatter (I also picked up a bunch of other things I don't need..oops), which is OPI's cracking nail polish endorsed by Katy Perry (hence the blog title) and Serena Williams.

Black Shatter is a black nail polish, that when you apply one coat, is supposed to crack and give you a tortoise/leopard print effect.  (Make sure your coat is thick enough otherwise it doesn't crack properly and  just looks like a really thin first coat)



I was so excited that I tried it out as soon as I got back to my desk.  I'm going to post a picture, but please disregard my horrible application (I was excited) and the weird finish.  Black Shatter dries matte and while I thought that might look cool; you can clearly see sloppy brush strokes (that may also be due to my hasty application).  The matte finish can be remedied with a glossy top coat, in fact the instructions encourage it.   I may try using it over an OPI matte, perhaps OPI’s Paz-itively Hot Matte, which is one of my favourite colours. 

What you’re looking it is Black Shatter over OPI’s Slushied from the Glee collection (Author’s Note: I don’t watch Glee but they have really nice colours).  I want to point out that Black Shatter can be used over an nail polish, it doesn’t have to be OPI…I just really like OPI.


The nail polish really does look awesome in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment