Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuneage Tuesday - Battles

In honour of the rude awakening I had to endure last week (was jarred awake by the song Tij by Battles) I'm going with Battles for my Tuneage Tuesday.  Tij is a great song, it's just not the most pleasant sound to wake up to.

Battles is an American experimental rock supergroup, founded in 2002 in NYC.  The band's current line-up comprises of guitarists Ian Williams (formerly of Don Caballero and Storm & Stress), Dave Konopka (formerly of Lynx) and drummer John Stanier (formerly of Helmet).

Discography
Mirrored - 2007 (Warp Records - yay Warp!)
They're second album is tentatively scheduled for early summer.


This is the song The Line which appears on the Twilight: Eclipse soundtrack.  While I completely resent its affiliation with anything related to the Twilight franchise, the song itself is pretty awesome.  I've never seen Eclipse so I don't know how the song fits into the movie but I like it nonetheless.  I'm excited for their upcoming album release.


1 comment:

  1. Let me just say, your taste in music and tv....impeccable! boosh and it crowd are a staple in our house.

    ReplyDelete